Thursday, August 14, 2008

Of The Movies

It's been something of a either tough or incredibly annoying week for me.

Last Monday: Got sick with flu.

Last Wednesday: Got a cold.

Skipped all but Monday's school.

Last Week Sunday: Ordered The Movies online.

This Week Monday: Order Confirmed, just need to pay for it.

This Week Monday Slightly Later: Mother says I need to finish all the work I lost before I get The Movies.

Yesterday: Finished the last of that hell.

Today: Paid.

Tomorrow: The Movies !


The Movies is your average Tycoon game where you start small and build up like in Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon.

You start in the year 1920 with only enough to get started with your own movie studio.

You have to build up your studio lot, sets and turn those wannabes into big time stars.

Fortunately for me, this was built around ATI graphics cards like mine so I'm able to turn all settings to high.

From what I have seen, there are some nice visuals and plenty of humor strewn throughout.

Of course, this brings what the sound is like to mind. The music is period music, in 1920, you start with some Jazz type stuff. All of this music comes from a radio with the occasional presenter chipping in to say something he thinks is funny with a few pieces of news based on real life events.

That's what I gleaned from the demo.

This is the second game I've bought after playing the demo.

I'm getting weak.

Regards, Boombaye

No comments: