Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Eish, Eishkom.

In South Africa, the place of my current residence has only 1 electricity provider: Eskom. They are currently one of the most hated companies in SA (South Africa). As an electricity provider, it is their responsibility to provide power to the WHOLE COUNTRY. We are now experiencing constant power cuts here due to lack of electricity.

This morning, they finally announced to the whole nation that they had anticipated this shortage about a decade ago but simply lay in the hope that private companies would supply them with enough power to last for some time.

In my home country, China, they have begun construction on I believe it is 20-40 power stations within the next 15 years. Australia is on its way to the largest solar power farm in existence. Eskom has also admitted that South Africa does have some of the highest natural radiation levels on earth but we are not utilizing it to it's full potential.

Finally. About my lack of updates in the past couple days. I was on a camp for those 2 days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what eccactly does this post mean? not to be rude or anything :)

IVIilitarus said...

It means that I was in the middle of updating my blog a week ago and the power got cut and I couldn't finish with it...

Anonymous said...

oh... that makes since

Anonymous said...

Besides, complaining about the government is more fun than pounding level 3s into submission.