Sunday, January 4, 2009

Of Fluidization

Well, I'm gonna list a few goals for this year and post a screenshot. It seems to have been such a long one, with me spending much of it as a non-member.

Goals for 2009:

99 Attack/Woodcutting
Dragonfire Shield/Saradomin Sword
Completion of Falador Achievement Diary

Simple enough, I need a level 99 in something. The Dragonfire Shield or the Sword will give me an edge in the fights and that Falador Tower Shield looks awesome.

As I type this out, I'm whittling away the remainder for my Strength level. I personally believe it's been a year since I trained that skill. With 13k till 84 Hitpoints, I feel somewhat relieved that I was able to pull off a Hitpoints level on such short notice. Either way. My new choice method of training Strength which is just an Obsidian Splitsword with a Berzerker Necklace allows me to hit just as high as I would with the whip and a Steel Minotaur at my side provides some Defence experience which I so devastatingly lack. An inventory of noted Minotaur Pouches and Lobsters ensure a long stay should the need arise.


Now, as to my goals for the year.

99 Attack/99 Woodcutting I simply feel due for some kind of level 99. I've been playing Runescape for a good 2 years now and I still haven't picked up any maxed out skills for which I happily blame my lack of focus and laziness. Attack has held the mantle of my favourite skill throughout these years as I personally think that there's no point in hitting hard if you can never hit. Woodcutting has been a faithful source of money for a while, sinc that day I discovered the joy of Yew trees, I could never abandon the idea of so much money. Even now, as Farming acts as a source of good, raw cash, I still look to Woodcutting for that quick pile of coins.

The Dragonfire Shield has been a long standing personal achievment set for myself as it is arguably one of th best shields up there. Not incredibly expensive, either. A Saradomin Sword will fill the void left by Skybreak's ultra expensive Bandos Godsword and as a valuable source of Strength experience.

The Falador Shield 3 A.K.A Falador Tower Shield is big, provides decent defences and looks cool. A must have for this and the next 28 seasons.


As for JaGex's year, I find that several parts of the game do need some improvement. A Slayer task I had earlier showed that Catablepons in the Stronghold of Security seem to have no attack sound effects or had their graphics updated.

I can see the Phoenix as a future pal. Rise from the ashes, set stuff on fire. It's a win-win.

I relish in the 5 minute till logout time, it'll allow me enough time to make a sanwich without having to run back to the PeeCee and click on the screen. I don't care much for the whole spellbook rearranging.


Stuff I achieved since the last post which I may soon regret: 88 Attack, 110 Combat, 55 Slayer

Regards, Boombaye1

No comments: