Friday, January 2, 2009

Of Sunray

In the last 7 days since I regained my so sought after membership, I've already picked up many levels.

Too many to list.

So, I'll just ahem, borrow the "Stuff achieved since last post" bit from every second blog and put it to use here.

But today's topic is the Godsword. I loaned one from a friend of mine by the name of Skybreak for 19 hours just to see what it was all about. Well, suffice it to say, it passed some expectations and simply didn't even get near others.

The Godsword is widely regarded as the top melee weapon in the game, rightly so as it has some of the highest strength and slash bonuses in the game and coupled with it's impressive speed, you have a very deadly weapon.

Each has a useful and powerful special attack and each is massively powerful on it's own, with or without the special attacks.

The amount of damage this weapon can deal per hit is normally enough of an incentive to buy it. I managed a 47 with Prayer and a little help from a potion on the normal attack.

Such things come at a price.

A high one, at the time of writing, the cheapest version of this sword goes at a staggering 15 million coins. That will turn off many potential buyers. It's ability to train all of the melee skills puts it a stupid ahead of the other contender, the Whip.

As I type this out, I realize such a weapon may not be worth the money as my staying power is drastically reduced by the lack of a shield. Against players, this is made worse as they seamlessly rip through my defences and carve me up like spring chicken.

My verdict is that I won't go after it, simply too low, cumbersome and it lacks the defence I require so much.

I'll fous on obtaining the Saradomin Sword for now, faster, looks more sleek and that much cheaper.


Summoning

13 days from now a year ago, Summoning struck Runescape like so many tornadoes. Players ran up to that guy's house to pull off the quest and get a head start. It was a new skill, anyone with a dual digit I.Q and a pile of coins could put themselves at the forefront of the Hiscores and reach the top for once.

At first, I didn't notice the cost of the shards, I merely wanted to be able to Summon my first Minotaur and feel complete.

Fat forward a year and I'm still in love with the skill, it's vibrant, colourful and those familiars have some of the best dialogue ever written.

I'm now at a good level 55 and still going strong.

I intend to slow down once I hit level 57 or 58.

My short term goal for now is 56 Summoning so I can access another tier of Minotaurs and the Ibis. I train melee vigorously nowadays to keep my stockpiles of charms high and mighty, my primary targets are still Crimson and Gold charms for the skill and I'm gradually working closer to that squirrel.

That is all.


Stuff I achieved since the last post which I may soon regret: 55 Summoning, 47 Hunter, 87 Attack, 83 Hitpoints, 46 Herblore, 58 Agility, 46 Farming, 86 Woodcutting, 53 Prayer, 51 Runecrafting, 63 Magic, 70 Fishing, 61 Firemaking, 57 Prayer and a personal record for the largest amount of money made in a week (1.1 million).

Regards, Boombaye1

No comments: